July 01, 2005

And the rest of the evening?

Well, after getting her changed back into dry clothes, and after a couple of hymns, we chatted a bit and Oldest asked her grandparents if she could go ahead and go home with them, since she'd gone ahead and brought her clothes with her. They happily agreed, and then everyone kept talking. I gently started trying to shoo everyone out of the building by turning off various banks of lights--after all, we also still had to get a certain Boy to his sleepover sometime before everyone went to sleep.

I very nearly had the lights down to the level of a weak birthday candle before everyone got out of the auditorium, but everyone managed to find their way out to the cars. And in some sort of odd coincidence, we suddenly found ourselves in the middle of a torrential downpour. Thankfully, no bugs.

On to the sleepover, then. Found the place, even in the dark and in the deluge. It was back up on a road I'd never knew existed, but we managed to find it right off. And by that time, the rain had gone on, so we didn't have to get soaked getting him in the door.

The other boys were glad to see him and they ran off and started whooping and hollering and I told the friend's mom (whom I still couldn't quite place) that I'd be back for him bright and early this morning. Why so early?

Because in a stunningly successful strategic move, Reba got her mom and dad to agree to let the three younger kids spend the night tonight! 1) so we could go ON A DATE!, and 2) so we could go with my mom tomorrow so she could take her old car to be sold, and go pick up her new car. AND, we're going to go ahead and take ol' Moby with us tomorrow as well and let him go, too. I figured we needed to go ahead and sell, or else we'd have to shell out bucks again for insurance.

Got Boy this morning--he was ready to go when I got there at 6:45. Friend's Mom said he was up when she got up. Apparently there wasn't much in the way of sleep last night, at least for the other boys, who were still unconscious in a pile on the den floor. Jonathan, however, seems to not care for such shenanigans, and went to bed and to sleep right off. He's kinda like me--when it's time for bed, it's time for bed.

ANYway--did I mention I get to go on A DATE TONIGHT?!

Well, I do!

Posted by Terry Oglesby at July 1, 2005 11:45 AM

Wheee at date!

I'm jealous.

Posted by: Sarah G. at July 1, 2005 02:24 PM

It's been a LONG dry spell, let me tell you.

Posted by: Terry Oglesby at July 1, 2005 02:49 PM